Friday, November 14, 2008

Essay 4 The Greatest Journey

When I see this title, the first thought jumped into my head is my first journey to Europe this summer. To me, it is one of the most beautiful memories which I will not forget ever and never. I had thought about traveling to Europe for long before but I didn’t have any chance. But since I have studied in America, I get much more free time than I was in China. So I asked myself, since I have four months long vacation in summer, then why not making my dream come true. Then I made my plan for summer which was going to Europe for two months. Thereby, I decided to travel to several countries in Europe which are Italia, France, Belgium and Holland. I had a lot of great memory and interesting stories in those countries.


I go to Venice firstly for about two weeks and the most impressed thing is boats. As everyone knows, Venice is famous for water and it is called “ the city on water. ” Even I knew it before but I was still shocked when I got there. Because you can see water everywhere. Thereby, the vehicle there is boat. There are two types of boats, one is water bus which look like public bus on land. This type of boats are very common so you can see them everywhere and the ticket for one person is not that expensive, it’s around 20 euro for three days. The other is tourist boat which typically for tourists but the ticket for it is very expensive. Durning daytime, it coasts around 100 euro for one person. Even it’s expensive I still took it because it would be a special experience which I might not have anymore.


My second destination is Paris and its architecture impressed me a lot. Paris is known as the most romantic city in this world, but its architecture is also famous. The building there is very typical and unique. You can feel the ancient culture of Paris everywhere becaause of its building. When I was walking on the street, I always could see various statues standing on the top or enchasing in the interior surface of the walls.


In Belgium, drinking has become the culture of people there . No doubt, one of the most famous things of Belgium is its beer and alcohol. Even I don't like alcohol I tasted a lot because it’s the symbol of Belgium. Walking on the stree, you can see bars everywhere which for people to drink something as well as chatting with friends. I think, drinking is an enjoyable and relaxing thing for people there.


The last place I traveled is Holland which looks more like a garden full of flowers. Actually, Holland is my favourite country because everyone knows that flowers are everywhere. So when I got there, I proved it by myself. Many different kinds of flowers are blooming on the sides of the streets, hanging beside the tops of road lights. At there, every family grows flowers and shows out on the platforms.


I did have the greatest journey in my life this summer and I saw a large number of things for real which I only saw on TV before. To me, it is a very beautiful memory and I will keep it forever.

1 comment:

JimStk said...

At the same time, they often contribute to the ongoing discrimination, which is one of the main challenges to the democratic society. Competent and reasonable summary must give a hint to people. Thought about purchasing book reviews at papersmart.net is likely to be rewarded in future.