Monday, December 1, 2008

Essay 8 My loss

This evening, I watched TV with my roommate together. As we saw a piano concert, we were pleased by the wonderful melody from the piano. Which also remined me of a memory about piano. I had an experience of learning piano for six years. My mom told me that I had specific image about the piano. I would play the piano without any lyric as long as it was available, but at that time I was just a little kid who even couldn’t say any word. When I was around five years old, I owned my own piano. At the beginning I was very excited as well as curious. I studied the piano under a personal teacher. And I needed to take two classes every week and practiced it for two hours everyday. For a five-year-old little girl, playing the piano had no any meaning just for curiosity. At the very beginning, I was pleased to play and practice under the curiosity. But soonly, I felt tired of it, I disliked to sit there for two hours with the movement of fingers only, I got fidgety of practicing the same song but always didn’t do well. I cried and told my mom that I didn’t want to learn it anymore. but the answer I got from my mom was if I didn’t practice then she would not buy me any candy. Therefore, I spent an unpleasant time with my piano until I was eight years old. I changed my attitude toward the piano as I watched a performance of Richard from TV. Because of him I started enjoying playing the piano and really loving it. From that time, I clearly knew what I wanted. I dreamed of being a pianist as him. So I practiced hardly even without the supervision of my mom. I was happy and longed for classes every week. My teacher commended that I had obvious advancement for my skill and I was very happy at that time. However, I faced to a big problem when I was in my last year in primary school. As the exam for entering middle school was coming, I put all my attention to study and had to give up piano. In the meanwhile, what I gave up was my dream of being an excellent pianist. I lost the chance of being a pianist but I am not sad or regretful about it because I’m also enjoying my life now. Even I can’t play the piano as a pianist but it’s also one of my hobbies so I play it sometimes. It makes me happy and it’s magic that I would forget those sad things as I am playing. Piano is my best friend forever!

2 comments:

essay best said...

although piano is tough to play and you cannot play it without a supervision of your elders and experienced people

Linda said...

That is really good post, hope everyone have friend like yours who motivates you to work hard and achieve goal. Thank you for sharing it with us..